Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sunny Skies

I am itching to get outside right now, but I want to get this writing done first! I thought about taking my laptop outside, but the sun would reflect off the screen and I'd probably get frustrated.

It is sunny and 80 degrees here in Louisville today! The sun is out, the sky is blue, the trees are blossoming and the grass is finally turning green again. I have always viewed spring as the refreshing, new start. I don't care if that is cliche or trite. It's just how it is. Our campus here is beautiful and I just want to go lay under a tree and read a book, which I will most likely do here soon. Just the smell in the air overwhelms me; the feel of the breeze is wonderful; the sunshine on my skin is a feeling I will never get tired of...until summer when I get burnt like a lobster. But for now I am in love with it.

Warning: I am about to get all deep and ridiculous on you.

I'm just starting my life. Me and all my friends here, my friends from back home who have gone to college, we're all just starting. Our lives are taking off, and now that it's spring time I can feel it. I mean, a year ago we were itching to graduate from high school. Now look where we are! We're becoming adults, making our own decisions, living "on our own" and away from home. I never thought I'd be capable of any of those things, if I'm being honest. But look at us. We're becoming the people we're supposed to be, and it's all happening so fast! Spring is symbolic for us. It really is. I'm excited for what is going to happen in the futures. Althought I can say I'm glad I have a while before the whole get married, have kids thing happens...somewhere deep in my heart I'm still afraid of marriage. But that, kids, is a story for another day.

I'M GOING TO GO PLAY OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment