Sunday, April 15, 2012

17 Days

I'm slacking...again. My most sincere apologies (*cough*Manda*cough*)

So, I think that maybe I've been avoiding what I want to write about. Actually, I'm pretty certain that is the reason.

I have 17 days left at BU until we're done for the summer. That is depressing. And yes, I'm honestly trying not to think about it and just enjoy what time I have left, but unfortunately I'm not someone who can do that.

I've never been as happy as I am here at BU, and I really don't want to leave. Yes, I miss my family (not nearly as bad as I did before) and I have a few friends that I miss a lot, but other than that I just don't want to go home. My mom and stepdad drive me crazy, and I'll spend most of my summer moving back and forth between my mom's and dad's houses. I just know that when I'm living with my dad I'll miss mom and have to go back to her house every few days.

A few good things about going home?
- Seeing my brother and getting to hang out with him more!
- My best friend from back home is having a baby!!!! I'm excited for her!
- Hopefully hanging out with my grandparents more...I miss them a lot. They're such sweet people and who knows how much longer I have with them

A lot of bad things about going home?
- Not seeing all my friends, my fantastic roommate and my boyfriend everyday.
- No more brunch at noon on Saturdays and Sundays
- No more piano lessons
- No more laying around watching movies all night while we're working on stuff
- No more quote book moments
- No more watching Mean Girls up to 3 times in a 24 hour period
- No more being indecisive about which movies to watch and taking almost an hour to decide what we're watching.
- No more hearing Louie play piano... *heart currently breaking*
- No more being obsessed with one song for weeks on end and jamming to it 24/7
- No more going to the 24 hour Steak N' Shake whenever we want and seeing Gerard
- No more visiting Oliver the Barista at Starbucks
- No more putting off laundry til the last second (always makes me feel dangerous....bahahaha)
- No more adventuring late at night and walking around campus just messing around and having people think we are drunk, when we're just having a great, sober time.
...I could go on, but I'm already depressed enough!

So, I really don't want to leave this place. I love it here and it's where I belong. Ya, I'll be back mid August, but still. That's a long time! That's 3, 3 1/2 months! That's way too long.
Next year is going to be a blast though! Most of my friends are on the same floor as my roommate and I! It's really going to be a lot of fun, and I'm very excited!

I'm really thankful for how this year turned out, I am. I am sad to see it go, but next year will be even better... I just have to survive the summer! Here's to sticking it out alone and hoping I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment