Monday, April 2, 2012

This Past Weekend

So, this past weekend I went home with my boyfriend to see my brother in his musical.

Not only was I proud of my brother but I was also proud of all of the cast of Fiddler on the Roof.
This year was the first year I didn't participate in the high school's musical obviously because I'm in college now.  I was a little worried because I had seen Fiddler on the Roof once before a few years ago and while it was enjoyable, I remember it being very long and dry in some parts. Thankfully, they did the "Jr." version of the musical which means that it was strictly plot material with no subplot and it was only an hour and a half long.  I understand that may sound boring or whatever, but it definitely wasn't.

My brother had a lead role, as well as several of my other friends! One of my very best friends from back home had the lead role as Tevye and he blew me away! I was so proud and it was a great show to be his finisher seeing as he's a senior this year.

There were several times while I was sitting in the audience (all three times I got to see the show) that I teared up, for many reasons. One of the big reasons was that I was just so proud of my brother! He's definitely a fantastic actor and I can't wait to see what next year brings! He's growing up so fast, and I realize that makes me sound like a mother. I know. But, for two and a half years, I was. I was his friend and caretaker. Something that my mother will probably never acknowledge. But I did it for her. I did it for Sojo and for my sister. So, yes. I am proud. Extremely.

Everyone kept asking me how I felt about being on the other side.  They all expected me to be sad and long to be back on the stage again.  I won't lie, there was part of me that was sad knowing I didn't get to be a part of the cast or the camaraderie that comes with it.  But then, I realized that I had my time.  I had my four years to be a part of it, and this is their time. 

I really did very much enjoy being on the other side of the stage.  I was so proud and I enjoyed the musical so much! I love seeing how much my friends have grown as people and as actors/actresses/singers/performers.  It was absolutely fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment