Monday, April 30, 2012

Realness

I've found people I trust here at BU. I've found people who I can be myself around and they love and accept me for who I am. How rare is that? People are always so busy judging one another where I'm from, you can hardly hold a real conversation with anyone, talk about things beneath the surface, everything is at face value.

The people here are real, so I'm sure you can understand why it would be so hard for me to go back to my hometown. I miss a some people, and they are definitely worth going back for. I know I've been whining about going home, but I really am blessed to have a family that loves me and cares about me; blessed to have such good friends who I still keep in contact with, who I can call at any time during the day or night.

But I've gotten so used to people being transparent here, it'll be tricky to have to go back to a place that pretends so much and so often.

I've been exposed to the world outside of my town's limits, and I'm sure that I'll never live there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment