Friday, April 27, 2012

Moment of Terror.

So, my mom called me tonight around 12:30am, IN THE MORNING.
You must understand, my mom goes to bed usually by 9:30pm, at the latest. So, I see on my that I'm recieving a call from "Home" and my heart starts racing.
I hit "answer" and say, "Hello??" All I heard on the other end was: *pause* Sade?
That made my heart stop. My stomach hit the floor and all I could think of was if something happened to my great granda, grandparents, sister or brother. There were already tears brimming in my eyes.

Then she asked, "Are you okay?" I was caught off guard by that question, honestly. I didn't think she was calling me to find out if I was okay. I answered, "Yes? Why?" And she preceeded to tell me that she had recieved a call from "restricted" and there was a girl on the other end who was sobbing and trying to talk and Mom said it sounded just like me when I'm upset, so she hung up and called me. Obviously it wasn't me, but I'm glad mom called. It was nice to hear her voice and I'm glad she was so concerned about me!
Before we hung up she asked me to call my twin sister and my best friend from back home to make sure that it wasn't them either.
I called them both and they're fine.

But I miss a lot while I'm here. What if something had happened to one of my family members or good friends?

Well, let's not get caught up in "What if..."

No comments:

Post a Comment